Medical Student Education
Over the course of any given academic year, the Cedar Rapids Family Medicine Residency hosts dozens of medical students, many from the nearby University of Iowa College of Medicine, others from Des Moines University, some from elsewhere. In addition, many pharmacy students from the University of Iowa do various rotations here under the supervision of Dr. Hoenig, the residency’s clinical pharmacist.
Available medical and pharmacy student rotations include:
- Family Medicine Sub-Internship
- Family Medicine Clinical Clerkship
- Community-Based Primary Care Clerkship (University of Iowa M3s)
- Longitudinal Clinical Mentorship Program (University of Iowa M1s and M2s)
- Clinical Pharmacy Rotations